Friday, August 5, 2011

Fairest of the Fair

This update is a little late as The San Diego Fair has come and gone, but we had a wonderful time this year. It's become our yearly tradition to go on the last day, which is the 4th of July, and take our weary legs through 'till late evening. Can't miss the fireworks, or course. However, the rides lit up at night are my favorite and I just had to share these photos. There is an air to the fair in the evening beyond the excitement, that is almost creepy, yet in an edgy, spectacular way. Too bad I didn't have an SLR to get photos of the fireworks, but I think my Canon point-and-shoot did a pretty good job with the night lights after all.



6 comments:

  1. Great photos! I love the swing ride, my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Cannon point and shoot did an awesome job! The pix are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics you'd never know it was just a 'point and shoot' camera! And great post, reminds me I haven't been to a decent fair in a long time - something to add to my 'to do again' list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the sweet comments. I still can't wait until that far-off day in which I can finally afford my SLR. There is quite a delay with the point-in-shoot, and I'd love to be able to get crisp, speedy frame shots. Oh well...I can dream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are great. The colours are so rich. Well done!

    ReplyDelete