Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sleeping Koi in a winter's pond in Idyllwild, CA

My heart goes out to all my friends who are bearing cold, dark winters right now. I know it can weigh the spirit down. I remember when I was young and we'd get socked in for the winter in Ohio and my mother found a way to bring flowers and plants in to brighten the atmosphere. She lit alot of candles, and captured light where she could. It was as if she said, it may be winter outside, but I can bring spring into my home now. My mother fought Old Man Winter like a Spring Commando. Tea and cinnamon toast warmed our bodies, music played loud on the radio and the seasons eventually turned and we found our feet feeling the warm earth once again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janeane!
    Spring is inside us! But I love also winter atmosphere, It's really fascinating!

    ReplyDelete